We continuously strive to be the best district we can be. Below is an outline of our strategic plan. Please take a moment to review our goals. As a district, we are proud of the efforts we make for our students, and we want to share our ambitions with you our.
Purpose and Direction
Goal 1 - The Altar Valley School District will ensure that all students are high school, college, career, and community ready.
- Evaluate strategic plan annually with stakeholders to ensure actions are aligned to district goals
- Utilize formative and summative data to drive instructional decisions
Governance and Leadership
Goal 2 - The AVSD will promote positive change and growth in the district culture by implementing a “We are Altar Valley All-Stars” culture defined by high expectations, collaboration, and shared leadership.
- Recognize and share achievements of goals and expectations throughout the community
- Celebrate staff and students at governing board meetings
- Recognize high achievement and growth on district benchmarks and curriculum base measures
Teaching and Assessing for Learning
Goal 3 - The district will outperform state and national averages in all standardized assessments.
- Deploy strategies and assessments such as district benchmarks, daily math skills, and reading assessments to consistently assess student progress
- Utilize Beyond Textbooks, a guaranteed and viable curriculum, in every classroom
- Implement Kagan Cooperative Learning Structures daily
- With fidelity, the district will continue to implement the Altar Valley All-Star Expectations
- Eighty percent of students will score at the mastery level on curriculum base measures by spring 2019
- The percentage of AVSD students scoring proficient or highly proficient on AzMERIT ELA, math, and district benchmarks will increase by ten percent by spring 2019
Resources and Support Systems
Goal 4 - The district will continuously assess our financial health and allocate resources to support the highest quality teaching and learning while maximizing current resources.
- Continue to invest in technology and the infrastructure to support it
- Budgeted expenditures are allocated to support the strategic plan as measured by budget reports, program evaluation, and board financial reports.
- Actively pursue new/additional resources and partnerships
Using Results for Continuous Improvement
Goal 5 - All schools/departments will be accountable for the implementation of district programs.
- Continue implementation of Professional Learning Communities (PLC) framework
- Foster a culture of kindness, hope, and leadership that all children will succeed
- Increase student/parent/teacher ownership of learning data and growth in every classroom through frequent goal setting, reflection, and action
- All schools/departments will be accountable for the implementation of district programs by providing a quarterly update to the board